This is the export compliance policy of Sophos Technologies Private Limited (Formerly known as “Cyberoam Technologies Private Limited”.) Hereinafter referred to as “Cyberoam” for sake of convenience.
- Terms and Conditions
Cyberoam products and contents of this website are subject to strict compliance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to further modifications without any notice from time to time at Cyberoam’s sole discretion. In the case of any violation of these rules and regulations, Cyberoam reserves the right to seek all remedies available under the law or otherwise for such violations.
- Compliance of Laws
Cyberoam is committed to complying with the laws and regulations relating to export controls. As part of this compliance effort, Cyberoam agreements contain provisions requiring Cyberoam customers and partners to ensure compliance with these laws and regulations. In order to assist our customers and partners, Cyberoam uses this portion of its web site to communicate export control information specific to its products to our customers and partners. This information may be required for shipping documentation, record keeping, or post-shipment reporting.
Customers and partners are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the import regulations of their country to ensure compliance with their specific regulations and to ensure timely delivery of Cyberoam products they may purchase.
NOTE: The contents on this website are not tailored to the needs of a specific entity or a particular export scenario. The information provided below is for general information purposes only. Exportation of restricted goods is a complex area and while Cyberoam will make reasonable efforts to maintain the information on this website, you are responsible for seeking your own legal advice and ensuring your compliance in relation to such matters.
Cyberoam products are subject to US export regulations. In the United States, a branch of the U.S. Department of Commerce known as the Bureau of Industry and Security regulates exports through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). These regulations spell out the export restrictions on a wide variety of goods, software, and technologies. Cyberoam products may not be exported to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or Sudan (including South Sudan), but most products may be exported to other countries subject to the applicable import regulations of such country.
NOTE: the export from the U.S. or re-export after initial export from the U.S. of Cyberoam products to certain military and/or certain government entities not located in a Supplement 3 county, currently Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and United Kingdom, may require a U.S. export license. (Please see the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Information and Security website for the most current list of Supplement 3 countries)
With the exception of the government end users of Russia or the People’s Republic of China, to which Cyberoam products may not be provided, Cyberoam’s encryption licensing arrangement (ELA), Export License No. D520992, permits Local, State and Provincial government end users, as well as to National, Federal and Royal government end users that provide the civil government services listed below, to obtain the noted restricted encryption products:
- Census and Statistics Services;
- Civil Public Works Infrastructure Services (Construction, Maintenance, Repair, Regulation and Administration) as follows: Buildings, Public Transportation, Roads and Highways, Trucking;
- Civil Service Administration and Regulation, including Human Resources and Personnel/Labor Management;
- Clean Water Infrastructure Services (Treatment, Supply and Testing);
- Economic (Trade/Commerce/Investment), Business and Industrial Development, Promotion, Regulation and Administration; excluding the following end-users/end-uses:
- Agencies, Departments, Boards and Councils for Science and Technology,
- Research, Development and National Laboratories (other than as authorized in paragraphs (K) (Measurements and Standards) and (L) (Meteorology / Weather / Atmospheric Services) below)
- National Telecommunications and Information Technology Agencies, Boards, Councils and Development Authorities (including National Information Center, and Information Communications Technology (ICT) / Telecommunications Infrastructure / Spectrum Planning, Policy, Regulations and Testing);
- Elections, Balloting and Polling Services;
- Energy Regulation and Administration, including Oil, Gas and Mining Sectors;
- Environmental/ Natural Resources Regulation, Administration and Protection, including Wildlife, Fisheries and National Parks;
- Food/ Agriculture Regulation and Administration;
- Labor/Community/Social Services Planning, Regulation and Administration, including: Housing and Urban Development, Municipality And Rural Affairs;
- Measurements and Standards Services;
- Meteorology (Weather, Atmospheric) Services;
- National Archives/Museums;
- Pilgrimage and Religious Affairs;
- Postal Services;
- Public and Higher Education (Excluding Government Research Institutions and any agency, institution or affiliate engaged in the manufacture or distribution of items or services controlled on the Wassenaar Munitions List);
- Public Health and Medicine/Pharmaceutical Regulation and Administration;
- Public Libraries;
- Sports/Culture (Includes Film, Commercial Broadcasting and the Arts) Promotion, Regulation and Administration;
- Travel/Tourism Promotion, Regulation and Administration.
Note that the applicable definition of “government partner or end user” covers certain government organizations at the central, regional, and local levels, which are departments, agencies, or entities performing government functions, including governmental corporations that manufacture or distribute items or services controlled on the Wassenaar Munitions List, governmental research institutions and international governmental organizations. However, the definition of government end-users for US export purposes does not include:
- Utility providers (such as providers of gas, electricity, telecommunications and internet service);
- Transport agencies and entities (such as bus, train, and airport authorities);
- Entertainment or broadcast entities (such as radio or television organizations);
- Education organizations (such as schools, colleges and universities or other organizations that have direct contact with students);
- Health and medical organizations (such as hospitals and clinics);
- Retail & Manufacturing entities (such as retail or wholesale firms; and manufacturers or industrial entities that do not manufacture or distribute Wassenaar Munitions List items or services).
Cyberoam prohibits any export or re-export of the Cyberoam products, services or any other technical data to any destinations subject to U.S. embargoes or trade sanctions, except in compliance with the United States Export Administration Act and the related rules and regulations. You are only authorized to use the Cyberoam Product if you are not located in (or a national resident of) any country under U.S. economic embargo, not identified on any U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List, Entity List or Treasury Department Designated Nationals exclusion list. You agree that you will use, disclose and/or transport the Cyberoam Products in accordance with any applicable export control laws and regulations and will not re-export or re-transfer the Cyberoam product to any destination subject to restrictive sanctions measures or trade embargoes implemented at a national, regional or international level or use or make available the Cyberoam product to or on behalf of any person that is a citizen, national, or resident of, or that is controlled by the government of the countries with which the U.S. may prohibit export transactions.
See the following URL for more information on US export regulations:
Cyberoam Products are also subject to the export regulations of India, and if the products are delivered from our operations facility in Taiwan, the export regulations that country.
See the following URL for more information on the export regulations of India: http://commerce.nic.in/
See the following URL for more information on the export regulations of Taiwan:
Note that an export of a Cyberoam product may be subject to the export regulations of multiple countries, and the applicable export controls of all such countries must be complied with in regards to the exportation of such product.
As noted above, exportation of restricted goods is a complex area and you are responsible for seeking your own legal advice and ensuring your compliance in the context of your specific export scenario
- Product License
All Cyberoam Products that may be used by the End User are subject to terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (EULA).
ALL CONTENTS ON THIS SITE ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT. ANY TRADEMARKS, LOGOS AND SERVICE MARKS ("MARKS") DISPLAYED ON THIS WEB SITE ARE THE PROPERTY OF CYBEROAM OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THESE MARKS WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF CYBEROAM OR SUCH THIRD PARTY WHICH MAY OWN THE MARK. NO PORTION OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEB SITE MAY BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM, OR BY ANY MEANS, WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM CYBEROAM. VISITORS OR USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, TRANSMIT OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. CYBEROAM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR MATERIALS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION PUBLISHED THEREIN AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS A COMMITMENT ON THE PART OF CYBEROAM AND THE SAME IS SUBJECT TO MODIFICATIONS AT CYBEROAM’S SOLE DISCRETION. THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
CYBEROAM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Copyright © 1999 – 2015
Sophos Technologies Private Limited. All Rights reserved.